HOW TO HELP
Your Support Provides Hope and Healing!
Project Woman offers many ways to help survivors. Financial contributions help provide safety, shelter and trauma-informed services. Donations of items on our Wish List or posted on our Facebook page provide survivors with necessities and comfort. Volunteer opportunities are regularly listed on our Volunteer page. All gifts of money, items, and time--no matter how large or small--make a profound difference in people's lives! Thank you for caring.
Many of the women, men, and families who seek our help have little if anything when they enter our programs. The items you donate to Project Woman help families rebuild their lives and create a future free of violence. Please call before donating to see what is most needed at that time.
Wish List for Shelter:
- Dust pans
- Sandwich and gallon storage bags
- Car seats
- Booster seats
- Towels and wash cloths
- Kids books, puzzles, games
- Kids tooth brushes and toothpaste
- Toys for all ages
General Wish List:
- Gift cards for Kroger, Walmart, Meijer, Hobby Lobby, Speedway, and fast food restaurants ($5-$20)
- Art Supplies: sketch pads, paint, paint brushes, yarn, colored pencils, markers, construction paper, journals, poster board, school glue, glitter, stencils, stickers, etc.
- Candy (individually wrapped)
- Clear plastic storage tubs with lids
- New underwear, sports bras, t-shirts, sweatpants, sweatshirts, socks (accept all sizes, Medium most often needed; no writing or emblems)
- Playing cards
- Coloring books for children and adults
- Sensory items/fidget toys
- Sports balls (basketball, soccer ball, footballs)
- College lined notebook paper and notebooks
- Pens and pencils
- Toiletries: Bath towels, washcloths, combs, hair brushes, deodorant, hair care products for natural hair
*Project Woman does not take used items or clothing, but we partner with Nearly New, Rocking Horse Parent Infant Center, and St. Vincent to provide clothing for survivors. Please donate used clothing items to those area thrift stores to help support Project Woman. Volunteer With Project Woman
Financial Donations Make An Impact
Your contribution makes a profound difference in the lives of those traumatized by domestic violence or sexual abuse. You can make a donation by filling out our secure online form below or mailing us a check made out to Project Woman.