What is Project Woman?
Project Woman is dedicated to ending domestic violence and sexual assault by providing services and programs to protect, educate, and empower. Community volunteers founded the agency in 1974 as a 1-room rape crisis center.
Today, as a non-profit 501c3, we operate a full range of rape crisis and domestic violence services. These include an emergency shelter for victims of domestic violence and/or sexual assault and their children, a 24-hour crisis line, individual counseling, support groups, case management, victim advocacy, community education and prevention, children’s programming, 24-hour hospital advocacy and a greatly-needed needed transitional housing program.
Project Woman is a Council on Accreditation (COA)-accredited domestic violence and sexual assault service provider. We are a member of the Ohio Domestic Violence Network, and Ohio Alliance to End Sexual Violence and the National Network to End Domestic Violence.
Project Woman is dedicated to ending domestic violence and sexual assault by providing services and programs to protect, educate, and empower.
We are a highly respected, fiscally sound, values-driven agency staffed with dedicated, competent, caring professionals providing a continuum of service to our clients and the community.
What We Offer
- 24-hour Crisis Line
- Emergency Shelter
- Mental Health and Recovery Services
- Advocacy Services
- Chrysalis Program
- Prevention Education & Outreach Services
Project Woman Staff
Our dedicated staff is the foundation of Project Woman!
- Laura Baxter – Executive Director
- Andrea Hill – Administrative Assistant
- Joy Folden, LSW – Empowerment Services Coordinator
- Nisa Blackwell – Interim Advocacy Services Coordinator
Project Woman Board
- Nick Heimlich, Chairperson – Fire Chief
- Jill Gianola, Treasurer – Financial Planner
- Kim Bishop-Gnau, Past-Chairperson – Fund Development, Rocking Horse Center
- Ty Buckman – Vice President for Strategic Initiatives, Professor of English, Wittenberg University
- Jo Etta Cooper – Director of Student Teaching & Placement, Wittenberg
- Beth Dixon – Development Director, Ridgewood Schools
- Stephen Moberg, Esq. – Attorney
- Naureen Qasim (non-voting) – Physician/Teacher, Clark State
- Jeannine Roediger – Mortgage Loan Officer, WesBanco Bank
- Paul Schneider- Federal Grants Program Coordinator, Homeless Liaison